Department of Home Affairs requires visa applicants to supply skills assessments in support of a range of Skilled visa applications and Expressions of Interest (EOI). In some cases, overseas workers are also required to supply skills assessments in support of employer-sponsored work visa applications.
If you intend to apply for a ‘Skilled’ visa, you must obtain a skills assessment to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills that match those required for an occupation listed on current visa Occupation Lists. This requirement relates to the following visas:
- Subclass 189 Skilled – Independent visa (Points Stream)
- Subclass 190 Skilled – Nominated visa
- Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate visa (Graduate Work stream)
- Subclass 489 Skilled – Regional (Provisional) visa
- Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored (Regional) visa
In some cases, you may need to obtain a skills assessment for other employer-nominated visas. This is a requirement for subclass 186 ENS (Direct Entry stream) and certain subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa applicants.
This is general information only and specific information relevant to your circumstances should be confirmed with us before taking any action.
We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
Make an obligation free appointment with us